Sunday 22 May 2011

BIG - Shampoo by Lush

The old shampoo that I was using had ingredients such as "PEG-150 Distearate" (whatever that means). It claimed to create "daring volume". My hair is very fine, and I've unsuccessfully tried multiple products to make it thicker.


"BIG," a unique shampoo made by Lush, actually works - and it is made of fresh, natural ingredients. If you've never heard of Lush, I suggest you visit their website . All Lush products are handmade and have a sticker with a picture of the ACTUAL PERSON who made it.

Though the main ingredient in BIG is sea salt, it (surprisingly) does not dry out hair, as other ingredients work simultaneously as a conditioner. It has a gooey consistency and you only need a tiny bit for each wash.

Two downfalls of this product:

1) Because Lush uses such natural ingredients, BIG has an expiry date two months after the day it was made. Yet, the 325g container is filled to last for roughly that time period.

2) Each pot of shampoo/conditioner is $22.95 CDN. It's tempting to keep trying cheap drugstore brands, hoping that they will display amazing results using their fancy chemicals - but I'm sticking with a safe product that works (even if I have to order online ).

Watch for future reviews on Lush henna hair dye and tea tree face cleanser.

1 comment:

  1. I have wondered about this product! I've tried other things from Lush over the years with mixed results. Maybe I'll splurge and try this myself when I get back to North America.

    Good to see you blogging! And I'm digging your topic!

    ReplyDelete